Watford Colosseum welcomes people with disabilities and has been specially designed to ensure access for all. Patrons with special access requirements are entitled to one complimentary Personal Assistant ticket. Proof of eligibility will be requested. These are available over the phone and in person only. If you have any questions about access to the venue, then please call our Ticket Office on 01923 571 102 who will be happy to help.
- The Main entrance into Watford Colosseum is accessed from Rickmansworth Road and leads directly into our Café Bar which is all on one level. We have automatic doors.
- Our café bar is at stalls level and has a wheelchair accessible section.
- For any performance containing strobe lighting, flashing lights, pyrotechnics, Haze/Smoke and/or loud bangs/explosions, a notice will be displayed at the entrances to the auditorium. All of our ushers and House Managers will also be aware of this content. If this is likely to be a concern for you or members of your party please consult with a duty manager upon arrival.
If you would like to familiarise yourself with the venue before visiting, take a look at Watford Colosseum's Visual Story
Young Carers Passport
Proof of Carers allowance
Disabled ID Badge
Hertfordshire Disability Register Card
We cannot accept Blue Badges.
Wheelchair Access at Watford Colosseum
- Spaces for wheelchair users are available for booking via phone or in person. The auditorium seats in our front stall sections can be removed to make space for your wheelchair. Alternatively patrons can transfer from their wheelchair into our auditorium seat.
- Any member of staff will be happy to help guide/assist you with getting around the venue.
- We have a wheelchair accessible lavatory on our stalls level, please see our signage or ask a member of staff for help.
- Our café bar and kiosk have lowered sections for use by our patrons in wheelchairs.
- A wheelchair is available on site for emergency patron use.
- The main auditorium has space for up to six wheelchair users plus carers. These can be booked by phone on 01923 571 102 or in person; please note that wheelchair accessible seating will show as reserved on our website so please always contact us directly.
Getting to us on Public Transport
- Watford Junction train station has step free access from the platform to the street. Some London Midland services also have ramped access to their trains. The walk from Watford Junction to Watford Colosseum is about 20minutes and is level however there are underpasses which have ramps.
- Watford underground station on the Metropolitan line is not step free.
- Watford High Street Overground station is not step free.
Disabled bays are available in both the Town Hall car park (evenings and weekends only - behind Watford Colosseum) and the Avenue car park which is a two minute walk away. Both car parks are council owned and therefore you are required to both purchase a ticket and display your badge.
If guide dogs are accompanying patrons it is necessary to advise us of your requirements at the time of booking so that staff may be prepared for your visit. Please call the ticket office on 01923 571 102.
Watford Colosseum's auditorium has a wireless infrared (Sennheiser) system, this technology uses an invisible infrared light to connect sound source and listener. Sennheiser Infrared audio transmission systems are an effective alternative to hard wired systems. Listeners wear an infrared receiver with headphones, headset or stethoset. Receivers can be collected from the cloakroom in the Grand Lobby. There is a £5 refundable deposit for this service.