Watford Colosseum are commited to making the venue accessible to everyone. If you have any queries or if there is anything we can do to help to make your experience more enjoyable, please let us know by calling our Ticketing Team in 01923 571 102 or emailing us at email@example.com
- The Main entrance into Watford Colosseum is accessed from Rickmansworth Road and leads directly through automatic doors into our Café Bar [glass extention]. On some larger events, audience members will be welcomed into the venue via the brown Grand Lobby doors at the front of the building. Both entrances are accessed via steps and ramp. Take a look on Google Street View
- A seating area can be found in our Cafe Bar area and in the Deco Bar which can be accessed via stairs or lift.
- For most events the auditorium is set up in three sections. Flat seating on the front stalls, tiered seating in the rear stalls and then beyond that you will find the circle. Please note the circle does not overhang the rear stalls and starts behind it. For some events the stalls are removed and all downstairs is standing. For standing concerts a platform is provided for wheelchair patrons - subject to ticket availability. For our 'small scale set up' performances will take place on the floor in replacement of the front stalls. Row T of the rear stalls will be the first row of available seating and is untiered. Row U is the first step up.
- Access to the circle can be made via three sets of stairs and the lift.
- Please note there are no handrails on the rear stalls or circle tiered seating.
- The nearest entrance for the auditorium is for seats in the lower numbers e.g. A1 - A18 however all seats in the front and rear stalls can be accessed from any of the stall doors.
- A unisex accessible toilet can be found on the ground floor next to the Grand Lobby. It is located nearest the higher numbered seats in the auditorium e.g. N36 and in the circle lobby area. An accessible cubicle can also be found in both the Men and Womens toilets on the ground floor.
- For any performance containing strobe lighting, flashing lights, pyrotechnics, Haze/Smoke and/or loud bangs/explosions, a notice will be displayed at the entrances to the auditorium. All of our ushers and House Managers will also be aware of this content. If this is likely to be a concern for you or members of your party please consult with a Duty Manager upon arrival.
- Ahead of your visit, why not take a walk through the venue with the Virtual Tour
- If you would like to familiarise yourself with the venue before visiting, take a look at Watford Colosseum's Visual Story
Wheelchair Access at Watford Colosseum
- Spaces for wheelchair users are available for booking via phone or in person. Select auditorium seats in our front stall section can be removed to make space for standard sized wheelchairs. Alternatively patrons can transfer from their wheelchair into our auditorium seat.
- Any member of staff will be happy to help guide/assist you with getting around the venue.
- We have a wheelchair accessible lavatory on our stalls level, please see our signage or ask a member of staff for help.
- Our Café Bar and Kiosk have lowered sections for use by our patrons in wheelchairs.
Getting to us on Public Transport
- Watford Junction train station has step free access from the platform to the street. Some London Midland services also have ramped access to their trains. The walk from Watford Junction to Watford Colosseum is about 20minutes and is level however there are underpasses which have ramps. For further information regarding Watford Junction, please visit here
- Watford Underground station on the Metropolitan line is not step free.
- Watford High Street Overground station is not step free.
Disabled bays are available in both the Town Hall car park (evenings and weekends only - behind Watford Colosseum) and the Avenue car park which is a two minute walk away. Both car parks are council owned and therefore you are required to both purchase a ticket and display your badge. For further information regarding parking in Watford, please visit here
For further information of finding the venue please visit our Find Us page
We gladly welcome Guide, Hearing and Anxiety dogs to the venue. Patrons wishing to bring their assistance dog should make us aware at the times of booking so that staff may be prepared for your visit. Please call the ticket office on 01923 571 102.
Watford Colosseum's auditorium has a wireless infrared (Sennheiser) system, this technology uses an invisible infrared light to connect sound source and listener. Sennheiser Infrared audio transmission systems are an effective alternative to hard wired systems. Listeners wear an infrared receiver with headphones, headset or stethoset. Receivers can be collected from the Ticketing Desk. There is a £5 refundable deposit for this service.
For those who require assistance to attend the venue, we offer one complimentary Personal Assistant ticket with your booking when one of the following is presented to a member of the Ticket Office staff:
Personal Assistant Ticket
- Young Carers Passport
- Proof of Carers allowance
- Hand Card
- Disabled ID Badge
- Hertfordshire Disability Register Card
- Please note we cannot accept Blue Parking Badges.